TwoMinutesOfTruth.com was inspired while I was listening to an interview with Morgan Spurlock. The comment was made that –
“Anyone will watch a single round of boxing, if it’s good enough – they will watch the entire fight.”
The idea came to my mind that I should capture short, 2 minute clips from sermons so that they can be easily shared on social media. Simple as that.
Dr. John Piper has often said, “Books don’t change people, paragraphs do — sometimes sentences.”
I would say that the same is true for sermons – while every word of a sermon is important, it is typically a single illustration or statement that makes it unforgettable. TwoMinutesOfTruth.com is about identifying and capturing those moments in a way that can be easily shared.
We at Capshaw have begun an effort to plant 6 new churches in the next 10 years in the Tennessee Valley. Our first plant, Valley Life Church, is being led by Thumper Pigg.
Recently, I had the opportunity to do some teaching on church planting during our midweek service and interview Thumper. Here is the audio
from that session.
With the help of digital technology, teaching ministry in no longer limited to a weekend experience. Here are a few ways you can fold our teaching into your everyday life:
- The Maximum Life Podcast – Features weekly sermons going back to 2012. I recommend the Overcast App for downloading podcasts – https://overcast.fm
- Zach Terry YouTube Channel – Features videos from the weekend sermons at Capshaw. Make sure to subscribe with your google account so that you will be updated when new content is added. http://www.youtube.com/zaco76
- Instagram – Each week I will post an image or two that reminds you of the main idea from the previous week’s message – instagram.com/zachterry
- Twitter – I schedule tweets to go out from the notes of Sunday’s sermon throughout the week. twitter.com/zachterry
- Blog – I post to zachterry.org any time new materials come along that will allow you to dig deeper or reinforce what we are learning. It is a great compliment to the podcast and youtube channels.
Those are just a few of the ways you can fold the teaching ministry of Capshaw into your daily life and go further faster.
This year I am partnering with Robby Newton at GoodNewsforGuys.com to encourage men to participate in the New Man Challenge.
Download the free Personal Life Evaluation Guide below –
It is imperative that leaders have the ability to face the cold hard facts about the state of their organization.
It has been said that, “optimism without realism is simply a pleasant delusion”.
Facts, even difficult facts, are the leader’s friend. Because, you see, leaders must be gripped with how things could be to such a degree that they can no longer accept things as they are. Unless you can embrace the reality of where you are, you will be unable to accurately chart a course for where you desire to be.
For more teaching on leadership visit – YouTube.com/zaco76
Leadership has been described in many different ways. John Maxwell defined it as, “influence – nothing more, nothing less”. Others have defined leadership as, “one who has followers”. This concept was captured well in the Chinese proverb which said, “He who thinks he leads when no one is following is simply taking a stroll”. These are good definitions of the role the leader. However, how would you define the task of leadership? I think it can best be defined by the phrase – leaders go first. Leadership is not primarily position or title. At it’s essence the leader is someone who will chart the course that others are willing to follow toward a preferable future. The leader sees things that others cannot see and is will to say things that others will not say.
Jesus was the quintessential leader – He was the incarnation of his message. That is why he could make bold statements like, “I am the way, the truth, and the life”. To rightly embrace Christianity is simply to follow Jesus. In other words follow Jesus by faith based on his work (substitutionary death and bodily resurrection) and his person (God in the flesh).
Questions for Consideration:
- To what degree to you embody the message you are trying to convey?
- If your followers became like you, would you be able to achieve the goals of your organization?
- If someone wanted to fully understand your organization, could you tell them that they could get all of the information they need by simply following you?
I would like to invite you to join us for this year’s Gulf Coast Family Retreat in Laguna Beach, FL, as we dig deeper on the topic of Biblical Parenting.
- Total cost is $400 cost includes 1 room for 3 nights and 8 meals.
- $100 Deposit due at sign up.
- I will lead a morning and night session on parenting related matters
- There will be age based sessions for children and students
- We will be planning fun activities for the afternoon slots for those that want organized time or you can strike out on your on if you like
- The room includes at least two full beds and two bunk beds so a large family can share a room (only one bath though)
- Additional nights can be purchased as a reasonable rate for those wanting to stay extra time.
To sign up call 256.232.7763 or email email@example.com